Updated* 9/23/20 (This will be updated as new information emerges and as guidelines change. )
*We are now open for indoor and outdoor training!
What do I do when I come back to AXIS?
We can’t wait to welcome you home! Our top priority is your safety. We don’t want you to worry about anything except having fun, re-engaging with your community, and focusing on your health.
- The parking lot is blocked off for outdoor workouts. If you do a dynamic warm-up prior to the start of your session, please do this outside in the designated area before you come into the facility.
- ANY time on the main training floor should be with your trainer only to ensure we don’t have more than 10 clients in that area at any given time.
- We ask that everyone enter through the parking lot door and exit through the Alma St. door.
- Please wear a mask inside the facility at all times.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- Gloves will be provided but optional.
- Upon entering the facility, please
- use hand sanitizer,
- have your temperature taken
- wash your hands
- have a great workout!
- If you would like to do cardio, you are welcome to do that before or after your session if it is available. We have removed some machines to maintain proper social distance in the cardio area.
How are you ensuring our safety? What are you doing to keep AXIS clean?
- Your safety is our #1 priority. The best way to ensure this is our constant cleaning, maintaining proper social distancing, and wearing face coverings.
- We ask that you are with your trainer at all times on the training floor, unless you are doing cardio on your own.
- We must limit the number of clients/trainers to a maximum of 10 per hour. All training sessions start at the top of the hour.
- We will also have to limit two person sessions.
- 60 minute sessions will end 5 minutes early to ensure that we can adequately clean the entire facility every hour.
- Your trainer will be cleaning each piece of equipment after every exercise as well.
- If you use the computers or any of the cardio equipment, please wipe them down after use.
- We have disinfectant spray bottles and wipes, as well as hand sanitizer every few feet within the facility as well as in the outdoor training area.
- In addition to the whole-facility COVID-19 sanitization that was done, our night-time cleaning crew will be cleaning and disinfecting every inch of the facility.
- We have tissues and wax paper available for high touch areas and have removed self-serve items such as coffee, tea and fruit per the County order.
- We have added four Molekule Air Purifiers which use PECO technology to break down pollutants at the molecular level, including bacteria, viruses and mold. We have also installed upgraded Merv 13 HEPA filters in our HVAC system. These catch smaller airborne particles such as fine dust, bacteria, viruses and mold.
- Wall fans will remain off.
- We will also leave the doors open (weather permitting) for better air flow and to decrease the need to touch the doors upon entering and exiting.
What changes should I be aware of when I’m working out?
- Please do not bring your own water bottle per the State Guidelines. We have paper cups for you if you would like water during your workout.
- We have made changes to the training floor to allow for social distancing. There are signs and floor stickers throughout the facility including areas that are sectioned off to help maintain the 6 foot distance. We will have only one trainer/client in each area at a time.
- Outside lanes on the training floor will be for passing through only – no walking lunges, warm-ups, etc. These will be done outside or down the middle turf with your trainer.
- We have decreased the number of balls and other small equipment to ensure we can clean everything properly.
- Foam rolling and use of the plyofloor will be with your trainer only. Since we have to maintain proper distance, we must limit the number of people on the plyofloor at one time. This will ensure that during your training session you will have access to the floor.
- We ask that you not use the stairs for workouts for the safety of our staff, and to be sure we can keep proper social distance in the area around the massage room.
- Please try to limit your time in the locker rooms. The space allows for 3 people at a time and while that may not always be possible, if we all try to be aware of our space, and limit our time, it will be smooth for everyone. We have removed some of the high touch amenities in the locker rooms and have also installed plexiglass partitions between the sinks for your safety.
- The parking lot will be used for warm-ups, as well as for exercises during your training sessions. This will allow for even more distance as well as the much needed Vitamin D that we all need!
What if someone who has been at AXIS tests positive for Covid-19?
- Ensure that the person who has tested positive is quarantined gets appropriate medical care. Return to AXIS is allowed after 10 days of symptom onset and 72 hours on no fever (per the California Department of Public Heath).
- We will inform any close contacts while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Will I be able to have my old time slot back?
- We will try to accommodate everyone as best as we can, however, for your safety we have to limit the number of people in the facility at one time. This may require some flexibility.
- All sessions now start at the top of the hour.
- Please communicate with your trainer regarding your ideal days/times and we will work together to get you in as close to your requested time as possible.
- We will work with each of you and your trainer to make sure you resume your AXIS workouts safely. We are beyond excited to bring you world class safety with world class training! We look forward to seeing you soon!