*This will be updated as new information emerges and as guidelines change.
What do I do when I come back to AXIS?
We can’t wait to welcome you home! Our top priority is your safety. We don’t want you to worry about anything except having fun, re-engaging with your community, and focusing on your health.
- Part of the parking lot will be blocked off for outdoor workouts. If you do a dynamic warm-up prior to the start of your session, please do this outside in the designated area before you come into the facility.
- We ask that everyone enter through the parking lot door and exit through the Alma St. door (trainers may exit through the backdoor).
- Please wear a mask inside the facility at all times (If you do not have one, we will provide you with one). We understand this can be difficult when doing high intensity exercise so you may remove your mask when doing sprints, cardio on your own, or any other high intensity exertion. We ask that you maintain 6 feet of distance, especially if not wearing a mask. Gloves will be provided but optional.
- Upon entering the facility, please
- use hand sanitizer,
- sanitize the bottom of the bottom of your shoes,
- have your temperature taken – if no one is available, you may do this yourself (please put on gloves if you are self-checking),
- wash your hands
- have a great workout!
- If you would like to do cardio, you are welcome to do that before or after your session if it is available. We have removed some machines to maintain proper social distance in the cardio area.
How are you ensuring our safety? What are you doing to keep AXIS clean?
- Your safety is our #1 priority. The best way to ensure this is our constant cleaning, and to maintain proper social distancing. We ask that you are with your trainer at all times on the training floor, unless you are doing cardio on your own.
- We must limit the number of clients/trainers to a maximum of 10 per hour. All training sessions will start at the top of the hour.
- We will also have to limit two person sessions.
- 60 minute sessions will end 5-10 minutes early to ensure that we can adequately clean the entire facility every hour.
- Your trainer will be cleaning each piece of equipment after every exercise as well.
- If you use the computers or any of the cardio equipment, please wipe them down after use.
- We have disinfectant spray bottles and wipes, as well as hand sanitizer every few feet within the facility.
- In addition to the whole-facility sanitization scheduled for Wednesday, May 27th, our night-time cleaning crew will be cleaning and disinfecting every inch of the facility.
- We have tissues and wax paper available for high touch areas.
- We have purchased four Molekule Air Purifiers which use PECO technology to break down pollutants at the molecular level, including bacteria, viruses and mold. We have also installed upgraded Merv 13 HEPA filters in our HVAC system. These catch smaller airborne particles such as fine dust, bacteria, viruses and mold.
What changes should I be aware of when I’m working out?
- We have made changes to the training floor to allow for social distancing. There are signs and floor stickers throughout the facility including areas that are sectioned off to help maintain the 6 foot distance. We will have only one trainer/client in each area at a time.
- Outside lanes on the training floor will be for passing through only – no walking lunges, warm-ups, etc. These will be done outside or down the middle turf with your trainer.
- We have decreased the number of balls and other small equipment to ensure we can clean everything properly.
- Foam rolling and use of the plyofloor will be with your trainer only. Since we have to maintain proper distance, we must limit the number of people on the plyofloor at one time. This will ensure that during your training session you will have access to the floor.
- We ask that you not use the stairs for workouts for the safety of our staff, and to be sure we can keep proper social distance in the area around the massage room.
- Please try to limit your time in the locker rooms. The space allows for 3 people at a time and while that may not always be possible, if we all try to be aware of our space, and limit our time, it will be smooth for everyone. We have removed some of the high touch amenities in the locker rooms and have also installed plexiglass partitions between the sinks for your safety.
- Please enjoy the saunas (one person at a time).
- The parking lot will be used for warm-ups, as well as for exercises during your training sessions. The rower, two Assault bikes and the Ski erg will be moved outside each day. This will allow for even more distance as well as the much needed Vitamin D that we all need!
What if someone who has been at AXIS tests positive for Covid-19?
- Ensure that the person who has tested positive is quarantined for 14 days and gets appropriate medical care.
- We will inform anyone who may have been in the facility at the same time as the person who tested positive, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Guidelines for returning to AXIS: At least 14 days of quarantine and a negative retest before returning.
Will I be able to have my old time slot back?
- We will try to accommodate everyone as best as we can, however, for your safety we have to limit the number of people in the facility at one time. This may require some flexibility.
- All sessions will now start at the top of the hour.
- Please communicate with your trainer regarding your ideal days/times and we will work together to get you in as close to your requested time as possible.
- We will work with each of you and your trainer to make sure you resume your AXIS workouts safely. We are beyond excited to bring you world class safety with word class training! We look forward to seeing you soon!