Jeremy has been working at Axis since 2005. His client ages range from 16-87 years old. He specializes in a variety of fitness goals ranging from weight loss to injury rehabilitation and prevention. He believes that nutrition, stress reduction, and recovery are just as important as cardiovascular and muscular training.
No matter what your fitness goals are (weight loss, weight gain, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, health improvement, strength and conditioning, or sports specific) we always start with an assessment to check for any muscular strength imbalances, flexibility imbalances, injuries, postural deviations, or asymmetries in the walking gait, before starting an exercise program. We will also briefly discuss how eating habits affect 60%-65% of your fitness goal. Speaking of goals, your exercise program should be goal oriented, especially for new exercisers. Fitness goals must be realistic and measurable in a way that you see your progress. Fitness programs are tailored to your fitness goals because everyone is different.
- Golf Specific Training to effectively develop power, strength, flexibility, and mobility in the golf swing, and to reduce and or correct swing faults and injuries.
- Myofascial Release-a specialized stretching technique to treat patients with a variety of soft tissue problems. Put simply, it is stretching of the fascia.
- Stick Mobility Exercises
- Functional Range Conditioning Exercises
- Titleist Performance (TPI) assessments
- Strength & Conditioning
- Speed & Agility Training
- Weight Gain/Weight Loss
- Core & Stability Training
- Total Body Conditioning
- Circuit Training
- General Health and Wellness
- Titleist Performance Institute Level 3 Golf Fitness Professional
- Titleist Performance Institute Level 2 Power
- Super Speed Golf Certified Level 3
- Myofascial Decompression Therapy (Cupping) Practitioner
- B.S. Kinesiology, Athletic Training, San Jose State University (2000)
- A.A. Physical Education, College of the Sequoias (1997)
- Certified Athletic Trainer, National Athletic Trainers Association (2000)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) (2000)
- Health Fitness Instructor, American College of Sports Medicine (2001)
- TRX Sports Medicine Level 1- Care and Rehabilitation of Athletic Injuries
- USAW Level 1
- FRC Certified
- Stick Mobility Level 2
- Ace Pre/Post Natal Certificate
“This coming September, Jeremy Fernandez and I will celebrate our tenth anniversary together as trainer and client! These years with Jeremy have changed my life-a thirty pound weight reduction; ‘wanting’ to exercise not ‘having’ to exercise; and constant compliments about how much younger I look. I owe this all to Jeremy who has made exercising a crucial dimension in my life.”
“He makes me laugh – and gets me fit – never gets me ‘off balance’.”
“Jeremy is a great trainer because he makes you work hard but never over your limit. This is especially helpful for people with injuries or restrictions. Jeremy works with you to get you healthier and stronger and you will see those improvements in no time!”