I have been training clients since 2007 and working at AXIS since June of 2008, specializing mainly in fat-loss, youth training and performance training (training for sports or events). I believe fitness is different for everyone but must encompass a proper mindset, nutrition and lifestyle for the individual's goals as well as needs. This all leads to having a more fulfilling life.
I am proud to still be with the very first client I began training 10 years ago. It's a great feeling to have the same excitement for training that I did when I first started and love that I have so much more to learn. I feel fitness is a lifelong process that changes as we grow and develop. I am constantly working to better myself, and my training, so I can better serve my clients.
Five non-fitness related facts about Sergio:
- Loves the 49ers
- Puts hot sauce on everything
- Hates puzzles, less now than he used to
- Consumes hours of podcasts and audio books each week and reads real books too!
- Has claimed partial custody of his wife’s Chihuahua/Dachshund mix named Spice
- National Academy Sports Medicine (NASM): Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES), Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Precision Nutrition Level 2
- Nutrition Coach Russian Kettlebell Certified (RKC)
- Strong First Kettlbell Girya (SFG), Strong First Bodyweight (SFB)
- EXOS Rehabiliation Specialist
- International Youth Conditioning Association Certified (IYCA )
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) Mobility Specialist
- Athletes Performance Level 1 Certified
- Grey Cook Functional Movement Screen Certified (FMS)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach
- American College Exercise(ACE) Pre/Post Natal Certified
- San Jose State University, San Jose, CA B.S. degree in Business Administration: Management, concentration in Entrepreneurship, Minor: Kinesiology
"I have been working with Sergio for over 2 years. Even though I have always exercised regularly, I felt that something was missing from my workouts. My training with Sergio has focused on strength, conditioning and core work which has been a perfect complement to my usual cardio activities. I really notice a difference in my balance, coordination and energy level. Sergio listens to my feedback about what seems to work and what doesn't, but also finds ways to challenge me and encourage me to try things I would not have considered without his guidance. I have been impressed with his knowledge and motivation to continuously improve his training techniques. Even though working out can feel like an arduous task, Sergio's great personal style makes training enjoyable."
"Since I've began training with Sergio, I've lost 20lbs and two pant sizes. He is a great trainer who is able to motivate and encourage me to push myself a bit more each time. He makes my sessions fun as well as educational. My overall stamina and endurance have greatly increased and I now know how to eat properly and exercise using proper form. I appreciate the fact that Sergio continues to further his fitness education by learning and taking classes to stay current on the latest research based techniques. Because of my sessions with Sergio, I am even more confident now when I exercise by myself outside of Axis and try different sports."
~Joe C, Training Since December 2010
"I have been working out with Sergio as my personal trainer for the past two months, and in that time I have lost 7 lbs, increased my energy level and improved my overall health. Sergio has a really well rounded approach to training that is not strictly limited to challenging me with workouts, but also includes advice on diet (what to eat and how much), supplements and lifestyle habits that have been really helpful too. He knows how to push you during workouts, but he also keeps it fun, informative and interesting so you don't burn out. Before I started training with Sergio, I found it hard to fit exercising in to my life. So Sergio suggested scheduling 2-3 regular sessions with him per week (which gave me the discipline I needed to make working out a habit) and also recommended a lot of other "quick home workouts" that I could do during my off days. Two months later, the results are great and working out is a daily priority that I look forward to. Because of Sergio's continued training, I know my results will just get better and better."
"A less-than-desirable bone density test first led me to seek out Sergio. In addition to wanting to improve my test results, I also wanted to work on core strength and flexibility. After working out twice a week for eight months, what I have noticed is not only increased flexibility and strength, but a much more toned body and greater muscle definition. I wasn't expecting that. It's an added bonus. I look forward to my workouts with Sergio. Even the occasional day when I think I don't want to work out, I end up feeling enthusiastic and energetic as soon as I start my session. I can't wait to take that next bone density test!"
Direct: (650) 463-1920Interested in starting a program at AXIS? Fill out our online form or contact Cyndi Duffy.
- Submitted On : 04 Jun 2016