Doug Michael, Club TrainerDoug, originally from Bayard, Nebraska, has always enjoyed an active lifestyle. He became a trainer so he could help others to find the same enjoyment. Doug's specialties include strength & conditioning, functional training, core & stability training, and tennis training. He believes exercise is only 40% of good health, the other 60% is what you do the rest of the day!

Professional Details

  • NSCA Certified Sports and Conditioning Specialist, (CSCS)
  • B.A., Sports Medicine, Dakota Wesleyan University
  • B.A., Psychology, Dakota Wesleyan University

Client Testimonials

"I think Doug is excellent. He is not only very well trained, but he is also very intuitive when working with me. When I first started with him I was quite out of shape, many areas in pain and quite weak (right knee, right shoulder, hips). I feel I have made progress both in healing areas that were in pain as well as gaining strength in those areas. Basically, I feel very encouraged that I can actually get stronger and more fit and back to my previous level of fitness (something I did not believe before working with Doug.) Thanks Doug, you're a life-saver! And fun to work with too."

~Lynn G.

"We have been training with Doug for about four years now. We see great improvement in posture, flexibility and general well being. Even though we are... less young 🙂 we constantly make progress in physical abilities, strength and balance. Most importantly we have learned to listen to our bodies to understand how hard we can push and when to stop. And last but not least, Doug makes it pleasant to workout."

~Catherine and Christian L.


Contact Information


Direct: (605) 553-2541

Interested in starting a program at AXIS? Fill out our online form or sign up now.

Trainer Photos

Doug Michael, Master Trainer Doug Michael, Master Trainer Doug Michael, Master TrainerIMG_8929

Posted In:    

Skip to toolbar